Light Source People Ltd is committed to providing a quality service to our customers. If you are not satisfied with the level of service, you have received from us we would like you to tell us about it. All complaints are taken very seriously and any feedback is appreciated as it provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.
If you would like to make a formal written complaint, you can contact us by via email or by post:
A: Light Source People Ltd, Imperial House, 21-25 North Street, Bromley, BR1 1SD
T: 0203 905 6222
1. We will send you written acknowledgement (email or letter), on receipt of your complaint within 5 working days. We will also inform you of the dedicated member of the team who will be dealing with your complaint.
2. We will then record your complaints in our central register and start to investigate on your behalf. This is likely to involve the following steps:
3. We aim to acknowledge, fully investigate and duly resolve all complaints within 14 working days.
4. A full written response to your complaint will be drafted by the appointed member of the management team sent to you with supporting documentary evidence (if applicable). In addition, the management team representative may escalate your concerns to the relevant Director who may wish to discuss the events surrounding your complaint directly with you.
5. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can make a written request for escalation of your complaint. The investigation will be reviewed by the Managing Director, who will respond directly with their findings and conclusion.
6. If you remain unsatisfied with the decision, you can contact the relevant industry trade association.
Light Source People Limited (“LSP”) will be compliant with the provisions of the Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC) with respect to recruiting and placement of seafarers as detailed in Article 1.4 of the convention and as required under United Kingdom Legislation.
This requires LSP:
LSP follow strict standards in order to ensure all seafarers that LSP supply to our clients are of the highest professional and personal calibre. LSP take seriously any concerns raised by any seafarer.
This policy gives details of what action LSP will take when concerns are raised with LSP.
This policy applies to all seafarers.
Any seafarer who wishes to raise a concern regarding their conditions at work (or similar) should do so through LSP.
If LSP receive a complaint from a seafarer, LSP will explain LSP’s procedures for handling complaints and ask the seafarer in question if they would like LSP to commence a process accordingly.
Where appropriate, LSP will undertake an internal investigation into the complaint.
The complaint should be communicated to LSP by telephone and/or in writing by email to explain the nature of the complaint and how it has arisen.
It is LSP’s utmost priority that incidents and complaints are dealt with in a fair manner. To ensure the complainant is kept informed at all stages of the process, reports are issued either verbally or in writing. Support is given to both parties until a satisfactory conclusion is reached. Please be assured that should a seafarer raise a complaint, for any reason, it will not result in the seafarer receiving any less favourable treatment that if the seafarer had not raised the complaint.
How can you contact LSP?
To contact LSP with any queries around this complaints policy, you can contact LSP in the following ways:
Post: Light Source People Limited, Imperial House, 21-25 North Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1SD United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)203 905 6222
Please note LSP may keep a record of your communications to help LSP resolve any issues, which you raise.
If the seafarer still remains unsatisfied, the seafarer can appeal to the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) with their complaint.
How can a seafarer contact the supervisory authority?
The supervisory authority in the UK is the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and can BE contacted in the following ways:
Phone: +44 (0)20 3817 2000
Post: Maritime & Coastguard Agency, Spring Place, 105 Commercial Road, Southampton, SO15 1EG