Wind farm developer currently seeking an Ancillary Systems Commissioning Engineer for a contract based in Taiwan.
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of all commissioning activities on the Mechanical, LV Electrical and Telecommunication Systems associated with the onshore substation package.
- Ensuring that all commissioning processes, procedures, and associated documentation is reviewed and approved in advance of execution.
- Ensuring the ancillary systems which include Diesel Standby Generators, ATS, UPS, Earthing, Building Services, CCTV and SCADA Systems; are fully commissioned, fit for purpose and function in line with the design intent.
- Client witnessing of all site testing, inspection and commissioning activities associated with the substation ancillary systems within the onshore substation package.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the associated electrical and mechanical systems are ready for service and constructed in compliance with the relevant technical standards and employers’ requirements from a quality and safety perspective.
- Agreeing the release of systems into service and ensuring a safe system of work is in place prior to energisation and is maintained until handover.
- Ensuring that all site temporary electrical works are installed, maintained, and operated safely in line with good working practices and local legislation.
- Review of all ONS Ancillary Systems Commissioning Documentation.
- Provide Client Direction to the EPC Contractor for all Ancillary Systems Commissioning Activities, Associated Procedures and Protocols.
- Manage Change Control during Testing & Commissioning.
- Sign off all Testing & Inspection Documentation to confirm that the commissioning activities have been witnessed and satisfactory completed.
- Coordination of testing, Inspection, commissioning, and energisation activities to ensure they are completed on time to avoid delays on the main program.
- Daily monitoring and provision of guidance to project & EPC site supervision teams, to ensure the electrical and mechanical installation works associated with the Ancillary Systems are installed in line with the design, relevant technical standards, and standard industry practice.
- Punch Listing & Quality Assurance.
- Coordination of Commissioning Activities and Interfaces Commissioning to HV & SCADA Systems.
- Agreeing Release of Systems into service in coordination with the Onshore Substation Commissioning Lead.
- Ensuring a Safe System of Work is in place and maintained for all commissioning and energisation activities.
- Primary point of Contact for the Management and coordination of Commissioning activities with both client Onshore Substation Commissioning Lead & EPC Commissioning Teams.
- Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with project requirements, local legislation, and best practice.
- Minimum of HNC in Electrical Engineering with a time served apprenticeship and a minimum of 10 years industry related experience in a supervisory role, 2 years of which must have been on wind power or EHV substation projects
- Experience of leading Low Voltage and Mechanical commissioning activities as a client representative on wind power projects is highly desirable
- Capable and experienced in the production of test procedures directly from design documentation
Please forward your cv and any relevant certificates to email@example.com