Commercial Manager – Strategy/Negotiations
- Enabling the extension of an offshore wind project currently in construction under a JV structure.
- Developing and implementing the contractual and commercial strategy of this multi-contract offshore wind project.
- Definition of commercial strategy to be applied to the extension project, in coherence with base project and extension project requirements.
- Develop and implement contracting strategies in order to secure appropriate supply chain arrangements.
- Preparation, co-ordination and management of necessary tendering processes in accordance with JV's procedures, including issuance of non-disclosure agreements, of invitations to tender, and to follow-up clarification requests with tenderers.
- Lead contract negotiations with main suppliers and contractors.
- Lead tender evaluation and selection reports.
- Ensure that all contract and commercial management requirements are delivered in a compliant manner with due regard to health & safety, technical, quality, cost and programme objectives.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with delivery teams, stakeholders, supply chain and consultants.
- Develop department / function to ensure future business needs are met.
- Commercial responsibility for the day to day management of significant contracts, variations and claims.
- Provide contract advice and support to Project/Package Managers during the execution phases.
- Follow up contractor's rights and obligations, analyse contractual risks and opportunities and propose associated action plans;
- Prepare, evaluate and negotiate change orders, change order instructions and change order requests as the case may be, in coordination with Project team members.
- Support the analyses and evaluation of commercial claims and the implementation of counter-claims mechanisms.
- Prepare and/or review letters and minutes of meeting.
- Liaise with legal, tax, insurance, cost control, planning and operational teams for all matters affecting the contract.
- Ensure contractual awareness of team members.
- University degree or equivalent level of education, preferably in legal, general engineering, technical or commercial qualification
- Experience in a procurement and contract management environment, with circa 10 years of demonstrable contracting / procurement management experience
- Supply chain, logistics and/or commercial management experience will have been gained in complex roles including joint ventures and large capital projects, within the offshore wind sector
- Knowledge of FIDIC and LOGIC contracts
- Lead and supervise all commercial aspects in tendering and contracting phase
- Strong commercial contract and negotiation skills.
- Strong self-performance management and delivery focus with the ability to balance conflicting requirements of quality, cost and time and make decisions in tight timescales