- The role represents a unique and challenging opportunity for an individual with extensive experience in delivering consenting processes and environmental impact assessments for offshore wind farms to apply their knowledge to help pioneer the development of floating offshore wind.
Your key duties will be:
- Leading consent applications and managing EIA preparation for floating offshore wind farms in Scotland and globally.
- Identification of new environmental and consenting knowledge and processes required in order to facilitate the sustainable development of floating offshore wind.
- Supporting early stage development activities on floating offshore wind projects globally including providing advice on environmental and permitting topics.
- Identification and management of input to environmental research initiatives relating to floating offshore wind.
- Working closely with engineering specialists to identify the required EIA parameters and tools for assessment of floating offshore wind projects.
- Providing environmental and permitting support on technical due diligence for merger and acquisition processes.
- Participation in stakeholder meetings at all levels.
- Developing in-house knowledge and tools.
- Managing external specialists and consultants.
- You will have a suitable degree in biology/environmental science, environmental management or equivalent with 5-10+ years’ experience from working with environmental assessments and compliance within offshore wind farms projects.
- Experience in floating offshore wind and/or experience in working in environmental topics on a global scale and in new markets would also be considered highly beneficial.
Qualifications and key competences include:
- A master’s degree in biology/environmental science, environmental management or similar.
- 5-10+ years’ experience as an environment and consents manager in the offshore wind industry.
- Experience with the offshore wind consenting process in Scotland would be considered highly beneficial.
- Effective communication skills verbally and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
- Effective computer skills.
- Ability to travel to support the role.