Currently recruiting a Head of Offshore Engineering to support the offshore team’s drive to secure and deliver significant projects, both in the UK and Worldwide.
- Providing technical input to site selection, production of project specifications, managing consultants and contractors and providing input to contract documents for projects in all companies’ jurisdictions.
- Assessing and quantifying ground risk and other engineering factors to assist with site selection primarily within UK and Scottish waters.
- Developing CAPEX and OPEX assumptions associated with differing ground conditions and foundation types.
- Development of specifications for development projects to provide the basis for Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Specify, tender and manage offshore survey works , including bathymetric surveys, geophysical surveys and geotechnical investigations.
- Management of contractors, sub-contractors and partners.
- Assist with the preparation of construction contracts.
- Contribute to project scheduling/ budgeting and risk management.
- Contribute to assembly of and quality assurance checks for contract documentation.
- Selection, co-ordination, and management of External Design Consultants.
- Development of project schedules and project risk registers.
- Development of construction strategies.
- Development of procurement strategies.
- Experience in offshore wind site selection
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the offshore wind farm development and foundation design process
- Experience in geotechnical engineering
- Experience in the preparation of construction contract documents
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation
- Experience in conducting technical and commercial negotiations with EPC contractors/grid companies
- Primary degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering with a second degree a strong preference