Lead Foundations EPC Engineer
About the Role
As a Lead Foundations EPC Engineer, you will be part of the Balance of Plant (EPCI FOU , EPCI Inter array and Export, T&I OSS and T&I WTGs) team and be responsible along with the team for the FOU Design development, interfaces with the Fabrication and Procurement of Foundations from the Asian suppliers. In this capacity, the Lead Foundations EPC Engineer shall take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Manage the technical interfaces between design, fabrication, and installation of wind turbine foundations
- Establish relevant Quality and HSE requirements for the fabrication processes and ensure their implementation in the Employer's Requirements and Contracts
- Provide technical support within the Foundations Package team and participate in the design process, especially of secondary steel items
- Create Employer's Requirements related to foundation fabrication and interface with other packages and departments
- Liaison with design consultants, monitoring service providers, insurance and commercial teams and WTG OEM.
- Organize and lead the supplier's prequalification and selection process. Provide both technical and commercial information, helping the selection of the right candidate, and reducing the number of possible future claims
- Report of technical issues to the project management, particularly risks and develop mitigation measures as part of the overall risk management process.
- Collaborating closely with the planning and interface management functions within the BOP and PMO team
- In the role of Lead Foundation EPC Engineer you will report to the Foundations Package Manager.
This Role Might be for You If:
- 5+ years of experience in relevant and similar fields of work. (e.g. complex EPC(I) Construction Projects, large infrastructure projects).
- Experience in offshore wind is a must have.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or other degree providing a strong foundation design, fabrication, and procurement for Jacket Foundations projects.
- Flexibility (in both directions) will be a large part of function. opportunity to perform site visits, and occasionally travel, within Taiwan and SE Asia.
- Ability and interest to deep dive into complex analytical issues.
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Driven by an adventurous spirit & the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems