Offshore wind farm developer currently seeking an O&M Engineer to be based in Taiwan on a long term contract basis. The role is required to be based in Taiwan for long durations.
- Supporting the development of the operational readiness phase of the project, building up the systems, documentation and procedures required to run a best-in-class offshore wind assets while also procuring necessary third party contractors to execute the maintenance strategy.
- Fully embedded within the construction project team, working closely with EPC colleagues in securing safety of design and quality of the final asset to be handed over to the operational organisation.
- Support the O&M Package Manager in securing the operational base for the offshore wind farm including all necessary onshore and offshore logistics, warehousing and office construction.
- Lead on the delivery of maintenance and operational concepts for the new site including key HSE documentation, asset registers, maintenance schedules, inspection plans and spare parts requirements.
- Support the commercial team in the negotiation of all O&M related contracts.
- Act as a representative for the asset management department within the construction project and drive collaboration with other key stakeholders, delivering a coherent transfer into operations and minimising quality or operational risk to the receiving organisation.
- Project manage the scope and ensure timely delivery of O&M deliverables in advance of handover, ensuring all necessary interim maintenance activities are completed during the commissioning phase.
- Apply lessons learned and focus on the improvement of the department processes and tools.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering or other technical discipline. Alternatively, extensive demonstrated experience from industry or other technical qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience within the offshore wind sector preferably in a front-facing O&M or asset management role
- Experience working in international and cross-project teams desired
- Full GWO offshore training
- A high understanding of offshore wind HSE best practice
- Additional HSE qualifications (BOSIET, IOSH) desired but not essential
- A high degree of commercial awareness and experience with WTG OEM service agreements and balance of plant maintenance contracts
- Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
- Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks and tracking progress
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations
- A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role
- A positive mindset with strong self-motivation and resilience, a flexible and proactive approach to tackling problems and comfortable at simultaneously manage several tasks to often challenging deadlines