Offshore renewable energy organisation currently seeking an O&M Site Manager to be based in Taiwan on a contract basis.
- Manage and support all activities taking the site from development into construction and through to commercial operations.
- Managing the day-to-day operation, maintenance, fiscal and administrative functions of the site in line with the strategy and objectives while ensuring the safety of all personnel and equipment on site.
- Primary interface for the employer for all reporting requirements.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the Wind Farm – managing and appropriately delegating all areas of responsibility consistent with all legal and contractual requirements; company policies and procedures; the annual operations plan and Good Wind Industry Practices while operating in a clean, safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Oversee the development of OPEX Budgets, work schedules and procurement strategies, and approve for submission to the employer.
- Provide technical support for the design, construction, or commissioning of the project.
- Review or evaluate proposals or bids to make recommendations regarding awarding of O&M Contracts.
- Supervise site personnel including sub-contractors, Other Contractors, and consultants to ensure quality and conformance to specifications, budgets, schedule, and corporate policies.
- Takes all necessary actions to protect the site’s operating permits.
- Approves, or as required, submits for approval, documents and procedures that will be used at the Site.
- Oversees the implementation of a computer-based automated maintenance management system to organize operations and maintenance files, identify trends, take corrective action, and maintain equipment performance by maximizing plant capacity factor, availability, performance, and efficiency.
- Manages a safety program that complies with all legal and contractual requirements and Good Wind Industry Practice, ensuring the safe operation of the site regarding the public, employees, and equipment.
- Actively promotes a safety-minded working environment and safety programs consistent with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- Supervises the performance of the site safety representative (or HSE Manager) to administer the safety performance of the Site.
- Leads and guides effective safety programmes such as toolbox talks, safety stand-downs, training drills.
- Oversees for approval and is accountable for the execution of emergency plans.
- Ensures the efficient and economical operation and maintenance of the Wind Farm.
- Ensure compliance with all project agreements with emphasis on optimizing assets and minimizing penalties while ensuring safety of personnel, other contractors and sub-contractors.
- Ensures prompt, timely and accurate reporting as required by this agreement.
- Oversees the development of annual operating plans, OPEX budgets and controls for operating at budgeted levels with appropriate justification and approval for variances including site outages (compliant with dispatching needs) and operating shift schedules to accommodate facility operation and scheduled maintenance.
- Monitors OPEX budget variances on a regular basis and prepares/monitors long term OPEX budget forecasts.
- Provides monthly variances reports on a timely manner.
- Follows up, assisted by the asset management group, with the proper execution of O&M contracts and assists in bringing solutions to any disagreement that may arise.
- Educated to degree level in mechanical or electrical engineering disciplines, or alternatively considerable demonstrable experience in these fields
- A minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in a leadership role within offshore wind construction or operations
- Preferably previous experience as a construction manager, site manager or operations and maintenance manager
- A good level of commercial and financial acumen including an understanding of OEM service contracts and power purchase agreements
- A track record in profit and loss accountability is desirable
- Strong technical understanding with the ability to resolve detail issues and to convey complex technical matters and life cycle costing coherently
- Well-rounded project management capabilities, accomplished at setting targets, planning resources, quantifying risks, and tracking progress. A proven track record in business process improvement is also desirable
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations
- Good IT Office skills and familiarity with delivering maintenance management through SAP