Renewable energy developer currently seeking an Offshore Engineer on a permanent basis to be based in Scotland.
- Providing engineering support to offshore wind site selection and participation in technical meetings.
- Conceptual design of offshore wind parks and transmission assets.
- Procurement of front-end civil engineering (e.g. geotechnical investigations, met ocean studies, foundation designs, cable routing).
- Translating engineering issues in CAPEX and OPEX assumptions.
- Technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies as required.
- Liaison with the various multi-disciplinary teams working on client’s projects.
- Input into technical elements of Employer’s Requirements for EPC and Consultant contracts.
- Producing technical reports for senior management.
- Detailed due diligence review of projects in accordance with clients Global Development Standard.
- Inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required.
- Ensuring engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards, and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors.
- 3-5 years of offshore renewables or offshore energy projects
- Experience in offshore wind site selection and offshore installation
- Knowledge of offshore wind foundation types, ground conditions interpretation and foundation, array cable and turbine installation procedures
- Ability to translate engineering issues into CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
- Knowledge of the offshore wind farm development and foundation design process
- Understanding of wind turbine technology and the issues involved with grid connections
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and in particular, Health and Safety issues offshore
- Knowledge of grid connection solutions for offshore wind is desirable but not essential
- Experience in tender/bid evaluation
- IT literate
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Have a primary degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self-starter with proven track record of delivery
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, international travel may be required as part of the role