Offshore wind farm developer currently seeking an Onshore Lead Commissioning Engineer to be based in Taiwan on a long term contract.
- Overall responsibility for all commissioning activities within the onshore substation package.
- Ensuring that all commissioning processes, procedures, and associated documentation is reviewed and approved in advance of execution.
- Managing and coordination of the onshore substation Commissioning team to ensure all commissioning activities are executed in line with the project schedule.
- Ensuring electrical and mechanical systems are ready for service and constructed in compliance with the relevant technical standards and employers’ requirements from a quality and safety perspective.
- Ensuring safe systems of work are in place and executed for all electrical and mechanical systems.
- Primary point of contact with the EPC Contractors Commissioning Manager to provide Client guidance on commissioning activities until contract handover.
- Review and approval of all onshore substation commissioning documentation.
- Provide Client Direction to EPC Contractor for all Commissioning Activities.
- Manage Change Control during Testing & Commissioning.
- Sign off all Testing & Inspection Documentation to confirm that the commissioning activities have been satisfactory completed.
- Ensure that testing and Inspection activities are completed on time to avoid delays on the main program.
- Interface and Quality Management.
- Management of the onshore substation Commissioning Team.
- Coordination and Management of all onshore substation Commissioning Activities.
- Agreeing and authorising the release of electrical equipment into service. Issue and update general snag list.
- Primary point of Contact for the Management and coordination of Commissioning activities with both client and contractor Commissioning Managers.
- Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with project requirements, local legislation, and Best Practice.
- Ensure that toolbox talks are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of every shift.
- Ensure that all site tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working and in accordance with the RAMS.
- Participate in regular HSE meetings as required.
- Ensure that accident / incident reporting and investigations are undertaken in a timely manner and that issues arising are addressed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the reporting of Safety Observation Cards and encourage contractors and sub-contractor’s personnel to submit observations.
- Degree or minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years industry related experience of which 5 years of which must be in a senior commissioning or engineering role
- Experience of leading commissioning activities with specific focus on power systems (HV & EHV) including associated ancillary and SCADA systems on wind power projects
- Experience of producing test procedures directly from schematic diagrams and cable schedules for protection, control, indication, interlocking and SCADA interface circuits
- Proven experience of managing and organising commissioning activities for major projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant British and International technical standards
Please forward your cv and any relevant certificates to email@example.com