Our Client’s Electrical Team is responsible for the engineering, construction and installation of the transmission infrastructure of a large offshore wind farm.
As the project transitions into the substation commissioning stage 1 phase, there is a requirement for a highly experienced engineer to join the site team as an Onshore Substation Lead Commissioning Engineer. The Client Site Representative will support both the Package Manager and the Overall Project Commissioning Manager and represent the Client at site to ensure their objectives are being met at site level.
This role shall include representing our Client at the onshore substation construction site to ensure that:
- The works are being carried out in accordance with the agreements we have in place with both our Contractors and other Stakeholders involved in the project.
- The equipment being supplied is in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements and is suitably installed and tested.
During the Onshore Substation Commissioning phase the Onshore Substation Lead Commissioning Engineer will report to the Overall Project Commissioning Manager and provide support as follows:
- Represent the Client at the Substation Site.
- Responsible for overseeing the contractor’s commissioning stage 1 & 2 activities.
- With the Project Commissioning Manager devise a commissioning strategy for the onshore substation, identifying deliverables and required supporting documentation.
- Providing weekly commissioning progress reports, identifying any variance to agreed plans.
- Review and comment on; technical drawings, electrical schemes, the contractor’s commissioning Inspection and Test Plans, quality plans and commissioning programmes in readiness for the contractor’s commissioning activities.
- With the contractor’s onshore commissioning lead engineer, review, comment and agree a suitable commission Inspection and Test Plans:
- Agree suitable testing strategies and expected outcomes to ensure an acceptable level of confidence prior to energisation.
- Identify suitable witness/hold points.
- Witness the contractor’s commissioning activities.
- Review and sign on behalf of the Client; the contractor’s commissioning test results, test sheets and marked up commissioning drawings.
- Ensure the contractor’s quality plans and commissioning files are correctly populated and signed off in advance of energisation.
- Ensure the completed contractor’s commissioning plans/drawings are correctly verified and issued on completion of the project.
- Contribute to operational decisions to manage commissioning priorities.
- Post energisation, work closely with the Lead SAP and Project Commissioning Manager to ensure that alarms/indication/monitoring are responded to effectively.
- Act as focal point for the contractor’s onshore commissioning team and Client O&M team to ensure plant familiarisation and training of Client SAPs is carried out effectively.
- Interface commissioning tasks with Grid Commissioning teams