Project Development Manager
- Responsible for the management of the development of projects up to the handover to the construction manager of onshore projects in the UK and wider Europe.
- Management of all internal and external service providers for: consents, landowner relationships and agreements, procurement, construction management services, grid, site investigations and project design and stakeholder relations.
- Work with the clients legal, consenting, procurement, comms/stakeholder management, policy and regulations and asset management teams to support delivery of the project through to the construction phase.
- Support the wider due diligence and business development activities which will be undertaken to support the delivery of new development/operational assets into the clients wider portfolio.
- Development and implementation of project execution plans.
- Generate project programmes and budgets and delivery according to the same including weekly management and monthly board reporting as required.
- Manage procurement of WTG’s and BOP and all necessary ancillary services for construction.
- Managing design and survey activities as required to inform the procurement process.
- Securing/managing connection to the local/transmission grid network and securing compliance with grid connection agreements.
- Manage acquisition of all necessary land rights and landowner relationships.
- Manage delivery of all consents and condition approvals required for construction including CDM2015 obligations.
- Support delivery of the business case for FID.
- Work closely with the construction manager of onshore projects to ensure a smooth transition into the construction phase.
- Oversee risk management and creation and updating of the project risk management register.
- Representing the company in community settings and in front of large landowner or community groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills including engagement with regulators, communities and landowners
- High degree of commercial focus while not overlooking the importance of focus on the details
- Ability to work across a number of projects/workstreams
- Ability work within MS Office software
- At least five years’ experience in delivering development projects through FID to construction
- Experience in renewable energy projects including turbine, balance of plant and grid procurement
- Track record of delivery to budget and programme
- Experience in undertaking due diligence for acquisition of renewable energy projects
- Educated to degree level (Engineering, Finance, Legal, Environmental or a Commercial Specialism)