Senior Technical Specialist PSCAD - Power Systems
Our client is a global leader in offshore wind development, and they have an extensive portfolio of offshore wind farms, boasting ownership for some of the largest in the world. An exciting opportunity has opened for a highly skilled Technical Specialist – PSCAD Power Systems to join them on a full-time, permanent basis in Denmark. The successful candidate will have in-depth technical capabilities within PSCAD. The key aim of this role is to hold full responsibility for electrical system design, as well as studies and securing grid connection for their offshore wind farms.
- Modelling and simulation studies.
- Ensure Grid Code compliance.
- Use PSCAD simulation software to design, analyze, optimize, and verify power electronic controls and systems. In particular surge arrester validation-, insulation coordination-, energisation- and transient stability studies.
- Ensure model validation
- Ensure that the project is on time on quality and within scope and budget.
- Comply with the company’s guidelines and current standards, i.e. ISO9001 requirements (as well as local requirements).
- Prepare detailed technical study reports, project scope of work and cost estimation reports.
- Provide technical input and technical thought leadership on a variety of projects for distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy and grid integration, including: Power system planning, grid connection studies, protection and substation design.
- Ensure that the best technical practices are implemented.
- Ensure hand-over of agreed documentation to O&M and OFTO.
- Comply with and enforce the Company HSE requirements.
- Agree scope of works for the overall electrical system design and compliance.
- Prepare electrical system design reports and verification of grid code compliance.
- Prepare QA plan, ensure that persons/external parties are appointed.
- Prepare and review technical documents.
- Continuously report progress, variations and challenges to the electrical project manager and provide input to various reports
Key Competencies/Experience Required:
- A Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or a relevant technical discipline
- Have experience with electrical system design and analysis simulation tools such as PSCAD (required) and PSS/E.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience with electrical wind farm design and/or power system analysis.
- Able to be flexible, adaptive and comfortable with uncertainty in a fast-changing environment, whilst maintaining a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks.
- You have a result-oriented and analytical approach to your work.
- Experience of Polish, Japanese or South Korean grid codes and connection requirements would be highly desirable
Please forward your cv and any relevant certificates to email@example.com