Offshore Wind developer looking for a Stakeholder Manager to join their team on a large offshore wind project in Ireland.
- Developing and maintaining a stakeholder management strategy and community engagement plan for Codling incorporating clear objectives and plans for dealing with key stakeholder groups in line with current Government requirements for renewable development projects.
- Working closely with the Project Director, Consents Manager, Community Liaison Officer and other functional leads to ensure effective and positive engagement with key stakeholders throughout the various development stages of the project.
- Co-ordinate with the Consents team to ensure a consistent and streamlined approach to engagement with Statutory bodies and the fishing industry
- Coordination with both Joint Venture shareholders on project communication matters as appropriate.
- Working closely with the Regulatory Affairs and Policy Advisor, manage the project’s engagement with key local, political and government stakeholders as appropriate to the stage of development
- Working with JV organisations communications teams on seeking out and maximising external communications opportunities in terms of media, events and sponsorships.
- Working with the JV organisations communications teams to update website and social media platforms
- The Person
- Deliver the stakeholder management strategy in accordance with wider project objectives and milestones, including KPIs and programme
- Regular liaison with the Programme planner, cost controller and document controller to ensure cost effective delivery and maintenance of the Risk Register appropriate to the stakeholder plan
- Explaining technical, legal and commercial matters in a clear, non-technical manner that stakeholders and communities can relate to.
- Documenting details of interactions with stakeholders and providing concise and timely reporting of progress and issues raised. Provide information to the Steering Committee and Board as required.
- Responsibility for organising and delivering plans for any public meetings, managing consultants in the production of necessary exhibition materials.
- Proactively identifying relevant community groups and developing effective and meaningful communication methods (including supporting tools and materials) with same.
- Managing a Community Liaison Officer(s) and other stakeholder management consultants to deliver an effective two-way point of contact between community groups and the project
- To proactively identify relevant mechanisms to bring tangible benefits to the community before, during and after the construction of the renewable energy project.
- To promote and implement sustainable community activities.
- To design and implement community benefit fund and/or community investment strategy in close collaboration with Development team.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of the principles, methodologies and techniques which underpin successful stakeholder engagement activities.
- Experience of managing stakeholder and community engagement activities for a regional or national scale project.
- Experience of managing and maintaining effective relationships with multiple key stakeholders
- The post-holder must be able to lead and motivate within a team and stakeholders outside their core team.
- You will need to demonstrate effective planning, leadership, networking and partnership skills; able to influence and negotiate outcomes and work with others to achieve shared goals, develop relationships and partnerships.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills will be required, as well as an ability to secure, plan and deploy financial resources.
- Adherence to robust H&S and internal policy requirements particular when travelling and lone working, as extensive travel will be required. A clean driving license will be essential.
- An understanding of the planning and development process for large scale projects
- Knowledge of renewable energy projects
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information and to ensure that all legislative obligations are met.
- Experience of organising and managing stakeholder and community meetings.
- Ability to travel and attend events/ meetings at short notice
Please forward your cv and any relevant certificates to email@example.com