WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) Technician
Light Source People are seeking an exoerienced WTG (Wind Turbine Generator) Technician to join the team in Taiwan on an offshore wind farm project on a permanent or contract basis.
- You’ll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our wind turbines. You’ll contribute positively to our safety culture and work with our engineering specialists to enhance our wind farm performance
- Working with the highest regard for safety and driving a positive safety culture with your actions
- Being responsible for the condition of own safety equipment, life jacket, helmet, full-body harness, etc., to ensure that the supplied equipment is always ready to use
- Participating in and conducting relevant training related to safety, technique, company policies, etc., through e-learning, classroom training, or on-the-job training
- Utilizing software systems to accurately record all elements of your daily work, including hours worked, spare parts used, and making technical work order reports
- Participating in scheduled maintenance, unscheduled maintenance, and fault-finding on wind turbines
- Preparing and packing spare parts, tools, and other equipment for all elements of the maintenance work.
- Have a mechanical/electrical educational background or a relevant industry background
- Local to Taiwan
- Can speak and write English/Mandarin
- Are a team player and can develop good relationships with your colleagues and external business partners
- Are willing to live and work in shift patterns on a SOV (service operation vessel).
- Preferably have experience working with WTG maintenance, troubleshooting, and modification
- Have experience with service, repair, and maintenance of mechanical or electrical machinery and/or power generation assets.
- Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling domestically and internationally for training purposes to build up an understanding of the O&M business, scope of work, and, most importantly, a safe, efficient, and quality work culture and practices.