Our client is a global leader in renewable energy development and are a key innovator with regards to green energy transformation. A such, they have started to globally develop and operate Anaerobic Digestion plants that use a patented technology which uses enzymes to recover recyclable materials and generate energy from waste without incineration. The key aim being to reduce the amount of waste going to landfills.
An exciting opportunity has opened for a Senior Shift Operator to join them on a full-time, permanent basis at their plant in the North West of England. The main aim of the role is to always ensure efficient operations and maximise power production in order to consistently deliver against the organisation’s plant performance targets.
- Lead a team of Shift Operators as well as develop and maintain a team-based approach to achieving the performance objectives of the business
- control and monitor site activities via the PCS system
- maintain close interaction with shift operators to ensure the site operates efficiently to maximise gas production and provide high-quality off-take products (RDF, SRF, ferrous and non-ferrous metals)
- conduct safe start and toolbox talks with shift operators.
- provide a 24-hour contact point for the site, as well as managing the fire and security arrangements via CCTV and fire suppression systems
- Instigate the Emergency Response Plan.
- Liaise with maintenance technicians and contractors to ensure plant items are available and accessible to enable planned and agreed activities to be carried out.
- Offer training to shift operators by way of SOPs, work instructions and risk assessments to ensure shift operators are suitably trained for the tasks they undertake Be proactive in maintaining competence levels required for the job.
Key Competencies Required:
- Have significant experience in PCS and SCADA systems
- Have knowledge of and experience with supervision
- Are mechanically minded
- Are safety-minded and have knowledge of SOPs/LOTO
- Have experience of coordinating activities and resources.
- Are proactive and responsible and can work both independently and in a team.
- Possess the ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver solutions within a time-critical process environment.
- Experience within waste industry is desirable.
- Essential to the role is the ability to maintain a safe, secure and compliant work environment.